- ▼ Access by transportation
- ▼ Accommodation
- ▼ Service and Facility
- ▼ Booking and cancellation
- ▼ Check-in/ check-out and keeping your luggage
- ▼ UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN®
- ▼ Restaurant in the hotel
- ▼ Parking
- ▼ Guests with children
- ▼ Around Universal Port
- 1. How long does it take to go to Hotel Universal Port from JR Universal City Station?
- It's not far at all. It's only a 3 minute walk from the station.
- 2. How long does it take to get to these tour spots?
- To the center of Osaka city…About20 minutes by train
To Kyoto…About 50 minutes by train
To Nara…About 50 minutes by train
To Kobe…About 40 minutes by train
To Kansai International Airport…About 80 minutes by train
- 3. Is there a shuttle bus going directly to Hotel Universal Port from Kansai International Airport?
- There is no shuttle bus going directly to Hotel Universal Port. However, a shuttle bus bound for USJ is available.
- 4. Are there nonsmoking rooms?
- Yes, nonsmoking rooms are available.
Please specify your request at the time of making a reservation. However, the number of non smoking rooms is limited. There may be cases that we simply cannot meet your request. Thank you for your understanding.
- 5. Do you have rooms to accommodate large groups of people?
- Rooms that can accommodate up to 4 people are available. We also have a few connecting rooms that can accommodate up to 8 people for larger groups.
- 6. Do you have barrier free rooms available?
- Each floor has a barrier free room from the 3rd to 6th floor. However, the number of barrier free rooms are limited (total of 4 rooms). There may be cases that we cannot meet your request. Thank you from your understanding.
- 7. What kinds of amenities are available?
- Shampoo, conditioner, body soup, toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush, razor, cotton buds, facial cotton, hairclip, bath towel, facial towel, hand towel, slippers, hairdryer, pajamas, kettle, Japanese tea, herbal tea (Sewing sets, shower caps and matches are available at the reception desk upon request.)
- 8. Can I specify a particular room according to my taste? (floor and view?)
- We will do our best to meet your request at the time your reservation is made. However, there may be cases where we cannot meet your request. Thank you from your understanding.
- 9. Do you allow pets in the hotel?
- We apologize, however pets are not allowed in the hotel. Also, there are no pet hotels in the neighborhood. Of course, we are happy to help you find one when making your reservation. Seeing Eye dogs, hearing ear dogs, and service dogs are allowed to stay with guests in the hotel.
- 10. Is there a bath and toilet in the each room?
- Yes. Except for the barrier free rooms, all the rooms have a separate bathroom and toilet. The bathroom has a washing space with a chair.
- 11. Can I connect to the internet from my room?
- All rooms are equipped with Internet access which may be used free of charge. Please bring your own personal computer. We lend out LAN cables.Complimentary wireless Internet access and complimentary high speed Internet access are available.
- 12. Do you have room service?
- No room service is available. However, REX CAFÉ on the first floor provides a delivery service to your room. Light snacks including Udon noodles, rice bowls, drinks and many more items are available. Please feel free to use the service.
(Business hours: On weekdays 18:00-22:00 on weekends and national holiday’s 18:00-23:00 Business hours may change depending on the season and weekday.)
- 13. Are humidifiers available?
- Yes, humidifiers available and we will bring it to your room upon request. Please contact the reception desk for more details. Air purifiers and trouser press are also available.
There may be cases that we cannot meet your request because the number of the devices is limited. Thank you from your understanding.
- 14. Can I receive massage in my room?
- Yes, you can. Please make an appointment by phone in your room. However, there may be a wait during the busy hours. We appreciate your understanding.
One more good thing! Don't miss the Refresh salon located on the 2nd floor. Enjoy a luxurious time and relax your body.
- 15. Do you have a shop in the hotel?
- Yes, we have a hotel shop and vending machines on the 1st and 2nd floors for drinks and snacks.
- 16. Do you have a large communal bath?
- There is no large communal bath in the hotel.
- 17. Do you have coin laundry?
- A coin laundry is located on the 2nd floor.
- 18. Do you have a pool in the hotel?
- There is no pool in the hotel.
- 19. How many days in advance can I book a room?
- You can book a room up to 3 months in advance. There are days when the rooms are not available.
- 20. What is your cancellation policy and fee for hotel reservation?
If a booking is cancelled the day before your stay, there will be 20% of hotel charge assessed as a cancellation fee.
if a booking is cancelled on the day of your stay, there will be 80% of hotel charge assessed as a cancellation fee.
If you do not contact us for a cancellation, you will be charged.
- 21. What are the check in and check out times?
- Check-in is from 15:00, and check-out is by noon. Please enjoy and relax in your morning until the check-out time.
- 22. Is it ok to check-in late?
- Yes, you can check-in late. However, if your arrival time is after midnight, please contact us. (Phone number for the front desk 06-6463-5000)
- 23. Can I leave my luggage in the hotel after check-out and pick it up later?
- Yes. Please feel free to use free coin lockers on the first floor in the hotel.
(Fare return locker Deposit the fare of 100 Yen. When you remove luggage from the locker, the fare will be returned to you.)
- 24. Can I send my luggage ahead of time?
Please send your luggage. We will keep it at reception until your check-in time.
Hotel Universal Port, Reception
1-1-111 Sakurajima, Konohana-ku, Osaka City, Osaka 554-0031
When sending your luggage, please keep these points in mind.
※Please indicate your arrival date, your name and the name of the person who reserved a room.
※Avoid putting raw food, fragile items and valuable items
※Please send your luggage prepaid.
※If you reserve a room as a group, please indicate the name of the travel agency and the name of the group.
- 25. Do you have a delivery service to send my package?
- We have a delivery service counter on the first floor in our hotel from 7:30-12:30. Before or after this time, the delivery service is available at the reception. Take advantage of the hotel original delivery packaging that is on sale as well. We only deliver for domestic destinations.
- 26. Can I check in early?
- It depends on the vacancy. If you wish to check in early, the additional fees are listed as follows. Please let us know what time you wish to check in.
From 12:00 30% of your room charge
From 10:00 50% of your room charge
Before 10:00 room charge plus 100% of your room fee
- 27. Can I check out late?
- It depends on the vacancy. If you wish to check out late, the additional fees are listed as follows. Please let us know what time you wish to check out.
Until 15:00 30% of your room charge
Until 17:00 50% of your room charge
After 17:00 room charge plus 100% of your room fee
- 28. How far does it take to go to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN® from the hotel?
- It is about 300 meters from the entry of the hotel to the gate of UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN®.
- 29. Can I use a studio pass before check in?
- The guests who stay at our hotel can exclusively purchase the studio passes for the day of your stay and the next day before check in. (You can enter the park with the passes regardless of the admission limit. Additionally, there is no need to exchange the tickets at the ticket booth in the park.)
- 30. Can I purchase Universal Express™ Pass Booklet (Priority entrance tickets to various attractions) at the hotel?
- We sell Universal Express™ Pass Booklet of 4 and 7 types at the hotel.
Sales location and the hours are indicated below.
Location: Ticket counter on the first floor
Advance sales for the following day 18:00-22:00
Sales for the use on the day 7:00-16:00
Please note that the number of Booklet 7 is limited and may be sold out the day before.
- 31. Do you have a restaurant in the hotel?
- A buffet restaurant directly managed by the hotel, café for light snacks, and a lounge to enjoy alcoholic drinks are all available.
- 32. What kind of food do you have on the menu?
- Japanese and western style buffet is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also serve light snacks including sandwiches at the café and lounge.
- 33. Do you have a kid's menu?
- Yes. Buffet menu includes kid’s meals.
- 34. Do you have a playroom for children while we enjoy our meals?
- The restaurant has a playroom for children. You can relax and enjoy our delicious meals even when accompanying small children.
- 35. I don't stay in the hotel, but is it ok to go to the restaurant in the hotel?
- Of course! Visitors are also welcomed at the restaurant.
- 36. Can I make a reservation for the restaurant?
- We take a reservation for lunch and dinner.
- 37. Is parking available? Can I make a reservation?
- A multi-level parking facility is available. (Capacity 143 cars, vehicle height up to 2.3m) When the main parking is full, the affiliated parking spaces are also available. These spaces are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- 38. What is the fee for the parking?
- Parking fee for our hotel guest is 2,000 Yen from 13:00 on the day of your arrival till 13:00 the following day. If you would like to park your car before or after those times, 400 Yen per hour will be charged as an additional fee.
Please show your parking ticket to the reception staff upon check in.
Please note that visitors who are not staying at the hotel, but visiting the restaurant and shop and purchase more than 3,000 Yen at the hotel, may park your car for up to 3 hours free of charge.
- 39. Is it ok to share a bed with my child? Also, do I pay an extra charge for my child?
- Children under the age of 7 years old may share a bed with a parent without any additional accommodation fees.
- 40. How much is the breakfast (Japanese & Western style buffet) for children?
- Children aged 7 years or older are 1,540 Yen (including tax) and small children aged 4-6 years old are 880 Yen (including tax). Infants under 4 years old are free.
- 41. Do you provide a towels and amenities for a child who shares a bed with a parent?
- Towels and amenities for a child that shares a bed with a parent may also be provided in your room. Please request these items at the time of making a reservation. Of course, you can request the items once you enter your room. Please contact the front reception desk and they will be brought to your room.
- 42. Do you have a facility in the hotel where children can play?
- There is a kid’s room on the 2nd floor at the hotel. It is free to enter and safe to play there. The floor and the walls are cushiony so that when children fall or bump into other kids, you don’t have to worry about their safety.
The hours 7:00-20:00
- 43. Are robes and slippers for children available?
- Pajamas (size 120cm only); slippers and toothbrush sets are available for children. Please request the items at the time of making a reservation. Of course, you can request the items once you arrive as well. Please contact the front reception desk and they will be brought to your room.
- 44. Are baby cribs available? Is there an additional charge for the request?
- Baby cribs are available for free. Please request it at the time of making a reservation. You may also request upon arrival and check-in. Please note that it may take a while for a crib to arrive to your room.
Also, please note that as the numbers are limited, baby cribs are not always available. We appreciate your understanding.
- 45. Do you have a rental baby stroller?
- We don't have a rental stroller at the hotel. However, guests who stay in our hotel are able to rent a stroller in UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN® with a 500 Yen discount from the original price.
- 46. Are electric kettles or microwave ovens are available for heating milk?
- Each room is equipped with an electric kettle. We also have kettles that can adjust the temperature settings. However, Limited numbers are available. Please request the item early. There is no microwave oven in your room, but our staff at the REX café Shop on the 1st floor or at the Port Dining Restaurant on the 2nd floor is happy to assist with your request. Please do not hesitate to ask them.
- 47. Is baby food available at the restaurant?
- We do not provide any baby food at the restaurant. Please bring your own baby food as you need it. We can help you with a simple preparation at the restaurant. Please ask our restaurant staff.
- 48. Is there ATM machine near by?
- There is no ATM machine in the hotel. However, there is one in the convenience store right in front of the Universal City station. It takes only a few minutes to walk to the station, please ask our staff for more details.
- 49. Are there any sights to see other than UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN®?
- From the Universal City Port located in front of the hotel, you can take the Captain Line Marine shuttle bound for Tenpozan. After the 15 minute ride, you will arrive at the large aquarium called “Kaiyukan”.
Many other exciting tour spots are waiting in the area. Please feel free to ask our staff for more details.
- 50. Are there many exciting places to visit around the hotel?
- Of course! If you walk 3 minutes from UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN® 、you will find an entertainment shopping center with restaurants, drugstores, and souvenir stores all available for your shopping pleasure. This is a perfect place to spend a day of shopping!
- 51. Is there a hot spring near the hotel?
- There is no hot spring nearby, but one of the most famous hot springs in Japan called “Arima Onsen” is an approximately 90 minute train ride from our hotel.